Line Service Associate
The Gary Jet Center is an aviation services business in the Chicagoland area located at KGYY. We are independently owned and operated, with the same family ownership for over 30 years. We provide FBO services as well as aircraft management and maintenance to based and transient aircraft.
We are currently looking to hire a line service associate.
This position will be a team member whose primary responsibility is to ensure that all services associated with and needed by an aircraft (towing, refueling, handling baggage/freight, and stacking/unstacking a hangar) are handled in a timely and safe manner while providing excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn all the requirements of the job and keep these skills up to date
- Received loads of fuel and ensure that they are pumped into the right tank
- Sump trucks and fuel farm
- Fuel aircraft
- Marshall in and out aircrafts and greet customers
- Tow aircraft using a tug
- Handle the loading and unloading of baggage
- Fill additional customer requests for ice, coffee, papers, cleaning aircraft, etc.
- Maintain clean hangars by cleaning bathrooms; sweeping and mopping hangar floors
- Assist in maintaining the grounds by mowing, weeding, etc.
- Clean and fuel all GJC and courtesy vehicles
- In the winder deice aircrafts when needed, shovel snow near the hangar doors and sidewalks
- Load and unload freight from aircraft utilizing a forklift when needed
- When requested, do fuel inspections and testing
- Assist in equipment preventative maintenance and repairs (tugs, gpu, fuel trucks, tow bars, forklifts, etc.)
- As needed pick up supplies and transport customers
- Perform other duties that may be assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be computer literate
- Must be capable and licensed to drive, and/or operate motorized equipment
- Effective math, verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Must pass and comply with FAA Approved Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Programs
- U.S. Military Veterans are well appreciated
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is primarily an outside job where the employee will be working in all kinds of weather conditions including heat in the summer and cold in the winter. The noise level is high and safety equipment is required.
Days very depending on assigned shift (Sunday through Saturday). Additional hours as needed for freight handling, training, meetings, and to meet deadlines and commitments. The first shift works 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM with ½ hour unpaid lunch break. The second shift works 1:30 PM to 10:00 PM with a ½ hour unpaid lunch break.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. No limitation to turning head and torso; bending, grasping, and flexing arms, wrists and fingers; and stooping, bending and stretching to pick items from floor, filing cabinets, and shelves. The employee must have average vision, hearing, feel of rough and smooth, and have full power of speech. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The Gary Jet Center is a well-known provider of aviation services in the greater Chicagoland area, and we offer a combination of easy access to both city and suburban living. Gary Jet Center offers competitive salaries and excellent healthcare and financial benefits. We encourage you to apply if you have the desire to be a part of our team and add value to the aviation industry.