Line Service Associate
Gary Jet Center is an established aviation service’s company with a full service FBO, aircraft charter and management division, and aircraft maintenance located at the Gary/Chicago International Airport. We are currently looking for a self-motivated line service associate. The position’s primary responsibilities are to ensure that all services associated with and needed by an aircraft are handled in a timely and safe manner while providing excellent customer service. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, and reports to the Manager of Line Service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn all the requirements of the job and keep these skills up to date
- Fuel aircraft and deice aircraft
- Marshall aircraft
- Greet customers
- Load and unload baggage
- Tow aircraft using a tug
- Receive loads of fuel
- Fuel inspections and testing
- Sump fuel trucks and fuel farm
- Load and unload freight from aircraft utilizing a forklift when needed
- Maintain company hangars and equipment
- Assist in equipment preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be computer literate
- Must be capable and licensed to drive, and/or operate motorized equipment
- Effective math, verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Must pass and comply with company drug and alcohol program
- S. Military Veterans are well appreciated
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. No limitation to turning head and torso; bending, grasping, and flexing arms, wrists and fingers; and stooping, bending and stretching to pick items from floor. The employee must have average vision, hearing, feel of rough and smooth, and have full power of speech. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Gary Jet Center, Inc. offers competitive salary, full benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Additional benefits include 401(k) Savings Plan, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, and paid vacation.
The Gary Jet Center is a full-service aviation company in the Chicagoland area located at KGYY. We are independently owned and operated, with the same family ownership for over 30 years. We provide services to a wide variety of customers across several business departments: FBO services at our world-class facility with over 100,000 sq. ft. of hangar space, and brand new 8300 sq. ft. FBO terminal, Part 135 and Part 91 Aircraft Management on a host of corporate aircraft with worldwide ops specs, and a wide-range range of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to based and transient aircraft, under our Part 145 Repair certificates.