Flight Duties (to include travel with the aircraft or pre-positioning prior to aircraft arrival)
- Manage maintenance aspects of the trip to include routine maintenance, recommendations, and support to the pilots
- Provide minor aircraft maintenance to address discrepancies, meeting dispatch or MEL deferral requirements
- Provide an enhanced level of connectivity support for aircraft systems – (Iridium, Swift Broad Band, AirCell, etc.)
- Communicate aircraft status to the on duty Maintenance Coordinator at home base
- Track travel expenses and process expenses reports
- Travel is approximately 75% of job
Additional Non-Flight Duties
- Perform Pre and Post-flight checks when required
- Coordinate travel plans with customer travel, and dispatch services.
- Complete, communicate, and log International Trip Debrief summaries after each trip
- Coordinate and oversee maintenance activities performed by outside vendors to include:
- Daily oversight of maintenance tasks
- Managing of task cards
- Data entry into customer Electronic Maintenance Oversight Log (EMOL)
- Communication of aircraft status to Maintenance Coordinator
- Participation in daily reviews and meetings related to the work being performed
- Final document review in preparation for return to service
- Participation in an established Risk Assessment process and test flight requirements as needed
- Assist with the audit and approval of external maintenance suppliers
- When required, provide maintenance task card sign-offs and “approval for return to service” entries in aircraft flight log.
- For offsite coverage, manage Required Inspection Items (RII) utilizing established processes
- Input discrepancy and resolution data into customer’s Technical Operations Communication System (TOCS) database
- Attend weekly maintenance staff meetings as schedule allows
- Participate in AAR’s- After Action Reviews
- Attend maintenance training as assigned
- Work Special projects – researching aircraft modifications and upgrades, aircraft service bulletins, and airworthiness directives, etc.
- Salaried, full time position, starting pay $70K-$85K based on experience
- Full benefits, including health, dental, vision, investment matching
- Employment by Gary Jet Center, reporting directly to the Boeing Company
- Eventual employment by the Boeing Company
- Applicant must possess an FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate with 5 years’ experience on turbine powered aircraft.
- Be able to pass a back ground, and drug screening checks
- Bi-lingual applicants a plus.