Avionics Technician / installer
The Gary Jet Center is an aviation services business in the Chicagoland area located at KGYY. We are independently owned and operated, with the same family ownership for over 30 years. We provide FBO services as well as aircraft management and maintenance to based and transient aircraft.
We are currently looking to hire an avionics technician with a broad base of experience in Garmin, Honeywell and Collins systems, specifically.
This position will be a team member on our FAA 145 service center avionics team. You will be directly involved in the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of aircraft. Your skill set brings a background of install and troubleshooting of Garmin, Honeywell and Collins systems. Background with Collins pro-line 21 and pro-line 4 is highly desired. Experience on installing Garmin G1000 and G3000 systems is priority for hire.
The Gary Jet Center is a well-known provider of aviation services in the greater Chicagoland area, and we offer a combination of easy access to both city and suburban living. Gary Jet Center offers competitive salaries and excellent healthcare and financial benefits. Relocation expenses are reimbursed. We encourage you to apply if you have the desire to be a part of our team and add value to the aviation industry.
- High school diploma is required; Associates Degree or higher in Aviation Maintenance is desired
- FCC license desired
- Proven history on Garmin, Honeywell or Collins systems is required
- Customer centric attitude is desired
- FAA Mechanic’s Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant rating is desired; FAA Inspection Authorization is desired
- Three (3) years of experience with avionics systems install and troubleshooting
- Strong computer skills including CAMP, CMP CESCOM and Corridor, Word, Excel and project management applications is desired
- Must pass and comply with FAA Approved Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Programs
- U.S. Military Veterans are well appreciated