This position will be a team member on our FAA 145 Repair station. The job entails hands-on maintenance of our customer’s corporate aircraft as well as traveling with the aircraft to provide maintenance duties when needed. We are looking for an individual whose skill set is broad based with sharp troubleshooting capabilities and a willingness to learn and continue to grow. An individual who understands the FAA regulations plus has a customer centric approach to problem solving will be prioritized for hire. The individual should have an enthusiastic demeanor with a professional style of communication. The skill set required to be successful in this role will be supported by experience with corporate class aircraft and strong avionics troubleshooting capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general to complex maintenance tasks and inspections on aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but not limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work, aircraft electrical, avionics and Satcom connectivity troubleshooting.
- Perform Flight Tech coverage on international trips. To include travel with company aircraft or travel via the airlines to be onsite for aircraft arriving and departing internationally.
- Perform oversight of maintenance performed away from home base.
- At least 5 years current experience maintaining, inspecting, servicing, and repairing corporate aircraft. – Challenger 600 series and Boeing 737 experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate, certified in accordance with 14 CFR Part 65.
- Demonstrated technical ability on specific airframes and engines in the areas of inspections, maintenance, preventive maintenance, alterations, and repairs.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test. (Ongoing employment requires participation and compliance with the Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program which includes random testing.)
- Knowledge of advanced avionics systems preferred.
- Be able to work within a high-level team to accomplish maintenance goals.
- Must be willing to work second shift and a minimum of one weekend per month.
- Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised in a rapid paced environment while maintaining the highest level of quality.
- Be able to prioritize and plan work activities in an organized manner.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required. Associate degree in Aviation Technology a plus.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills to communicate with customers and employees.
- Basic computer skills. Experience in aviation maintenance software programs. Flightdocs preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a US Passport and willing to travel international as required.
Gary Jet Center, Inc. offers competitive salary, full benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Additional benefits include 401(k) Savings Plan, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, and paid vacation.
The Gary Jet Center is a full-service aviation company in the Chicagoland area located at KGYY. We are independently owned and operated, with the same family ownership for over 30 years. We provide services to a wide variety of customers across several business departments: FBO services at our world-class facility with over 100,000 sq. ft. of hangar space, and brand new 8300 sq. ft. FBO terminal, Part 135, and Part 91 Aircraft Management on a host of corporate aircraft with worldwide ops specs, and a wide-range range of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to based and transient aircraft, under our Part 145 Repair certificates.