Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
The Gary Jet Center is an aviation services business in the Chicagoland area located at KGYY. We are independently owned and operated, with the same family ownership for over 30 years. We provide FBO services as well as aircraft management and maintenance to based and transient aircraft.
We are currently looking to hire an Aircraft Maintenance Technician with both the experience and the ability to perform quality and focused maintenance on turbine powered aircraft.
This position will be a team member on our FAA 145 Jet maintenance team. You will be directly involved in the scheduled maintenance of turbine powered corporate class aircraft. Your skill set is broad based with sharp troubleshooting capabilities as well as a willingness to learn and continue to grow. An individual that understands the FAA regulations with a customer centric approach to problem solving. You need to have an enthusiastic demeanor with a professional style of communication. The skill set required to be successful in this role will be supported by experience with corporate class aircraft and strong avionics troubleshooting capabilities.
The Gary Jet Center is a well-known provider of aviation services in the greater Chicagoland area, and we offer a combination of easy access to both city and suburban living. Gary Jet Center offers competitive salaries and excellent healthcare and financial benefits. Relocation expenses are reimbursed. We encourage you to apply if you have the desire to be a part of our team and add value to the aviation industry.
- High school diploma is required; Associates Degree or higher in Aviation Maintenance is desired
- FAA Mechanic’s Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant rating is required; FAA Inspection Authorization is desired
- Three (3) years of experience in business jet maintenance environment is required
- Demonstrated avionics systems troubleshooting knowledge is desired (Honeywell and/or Collins preferred)
- Strong computer skills including CAMP, CMP CESCOM and Corridor, Word, Excel and project management applications is desired
- Demonstrated project management skills is desired
- Must pass and comply with FAA Approved Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Programs
- U.S. Military Veterans are well appreciated